Monday, September 5, 2011

Johnson Family Lately










  • Logan started PreK at New Hope Academy and loves it. She goes three days a week from 8-1.
  • Lilly starts the 4 year old program at Mustard Seed on Wednesday. She will go to "school" on Wednesday and Friday from 9-1. She is very happy with her teacher and excited for me to take her to school and leave (that's what she told me).
  • Josie started taking some steps a week or so ago. She now likes to practice all over the house. The "big girls" are so proud of her. Our dear friends from Louisville came to visit with their sweet boys CJ and Ashton. Josie walked for Amy! We had a great time visiting and not such a great time watching Kirk's previous high school Trinity whip up on Brentwood Academy in football. Ha!
  • Kirk is coaching 6th grade football as the Offensive Coordinator at Brentwood Academy. He is really enjoying coaching again and the games are so fun to go to.
  • I am working at the YMCA two days a week. It is really nice to be able to bring the kids to work, get paid and reduce our membership.
  • We took the kids to Chattanooga this weekend for a short get away. We had a lot of fun at the aquarium. Lilly liked the penguins and butterflies the best. There was one butterfly that really liked her and did not want to get off of her shirt. She said he was tickling her. Logan liked touching the stingrays that were "slimy" and the penguins and sharks. I liked the sharks and enormous turtles and everything else that lit their faces up with amazement. I also enjoyed food: Mellow Mushroom, Starbucks, Sticky Fingers and Ben and Jerrys :)
  • Logan and Lilly ran in the Franklin Classic Labor Day 1k kids race today. They were so cute! It was a little chilly and rainy but they were determined to go. I was running with Lilly and Logan and holding their hands. Logan let go and took off and I didn't see her again until the finish line. Kirk said she looked like she was going to throw up she was so tired. Lilly alternated between holding my hand and running, holding my hand and walking and sprinting all by herself. She said next time she wasn't going to hold my hand, she was going to practice racing at home and she was going to beat Logan. I am excited to see this. I was certainly impressed that she didn't ask to be carried and she didn't quit. They were both reward with ribbons and a pancake pig out at Cracker Barrel. I am thinking we will be doing more races in the future...I hope!
  • Lilly turns 4 in two days. I am a little wowed by that. She is still her silly self and very much the wild card/goof ball of the family. She is also taking so much interest in Josie and being a great big sister to her.
  • Logan is going to be Jessie from The Toy Story for Halloween, Lilly wants to be "Spidergirl" and Jo-Jo is going to be an elephant. I have decided to be Pocahontas.
  • Logan goes to dance at Strong Tower Church where we are going now. She does this on Monday nights. I am thinking in the spring we will get Lilly started on soccer and see if that sticks. She really enjoys it and I hope by the spring she will be ready to play on some what of an organized level. Kirk and I may even coach her.
  • We are now looking forward to our Illinois reunion weekend with 3 of Kirk's college roommates and teammates and all of our kiddos (girls really). We are blessed to have 12 little girls amongst us and one lone soldier boy named "Nicky" who will be charming all the ladies when he gets older. Ha!
  • We are also looking forward to watching football, the weather not being 100 degrees, getting involved in the kids school and church, watching families grow with dear friends having babies soon, friends coming in town, Grandma and Pops coming for a visit and maybe even a trip to the beach if we can swing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment