We leave in 3 more days for Africa! I really can't believe it! I have my bags packed and ready to go. I need a few more essentials and I should be good and can close up my suitcase. I am getting donations from people daily so I have left my "donation" suitcase on my dining room table to keep filling up to the last minute. We have a 50lb weight limit so we will see about that!
I had some friends cook meals with me today for Kirk that I put in the freezer for him to pop out later. We also made some desserts and muffins too. Cooking with friends is way more fun than doing it together!
The girls keep telling me that I am gone too long already. I am so THANKFUL for the volunteering of several friends to help out with the kids while I am away. I think Kirk will have help every work day while I am away. I have been worried more about packing details and taking care of details for the girls and Kirk then I have been excited and anticipatory. I will be glad to officially close my suitcase today and focus on time spent with my family before I leave.
I am so humbled and grateful to be able to go to Africa. I don't know why in this point of my life that I have the blessing of being able to be there. I wish Kirk could go with me as well. He is sacrificing his time, money, efforts, energy, work schedule etc for me to go and for him to watch our girls and he is doing it willingly. Thank you Kirk. I KNOW how much work, effort and sacrifice it takes to allow me to go. I am praying for his opportunity to go as well when I get back. With all that being said, we are so very thankful I will be able to go with Kimberly and thankful that she pursued me to go with her!!
1 more sleep!!!!!
ReplyDelete