Logan: Mommy, why are you going to Africa?
Me: To be with children that don't have mommies and daddies and to love them and tell them Jesus loves them.
Logan: Well, I am going to miss you. But, I won't be sad. I will have fun with my friends and other people when you are gone. I will miss you though. I will always miss you because you are my mommy and I love you. If I have another mommy I will love her too but I will always love you because you are my mommy.
Me: Logan, that is so sweet. I will miss you so much and you be good for daddy and be a big girl while I am away. I love you.
Meanwhile.....
Lilly: Mom, will you bring us presents when you are in Africa?
Me: I will bring you something Lilly but isn't it great that I will be home soon. That will be kind of like a present since I will have been gone for a while.
Lilly: No, I want presents.
Me: Lilly, would you rather have me home or have presents
Lilly: Presents
Me: Lilly, that isn't nice.
Lilly: Well, you leave all the time and are always gone for so long.
Me: What are you talking about silly head?
Lilly: You are always gone for a long time.
I think I need to talk to Logan for the "feel good" conversations prior to leaving. Lilly just makes me feel bad!!! Ha. Stinker!!
nice! I can see both of those conversations happening! Bring Lil a pack of gum from the airport and she will be happy! Logan is going to want to go on our next trip to Africa :)
ReplyDelete